Hi! I'm Kat. Portuguese. Book lover. R/Hr addicted. Also major fan of 10Things I Hate About You, Inception, The Princess Bride, Kingdom Hearts, Friends, Castle, Bones, The Hunger Games, challenges and some others things...
Currently addicted to Downton Abbey!
Tumblr has recently introduced Sponsored Posts. These posts can come from anyone, regardless of whether or not you follow them, and are primarily for advertising. If you want to block them, simply install Tumblr Savior and blacklist “sponsored_badge_icon” (without the quotes).
Oh wow OK let’s please signal boost this because some recent ones have been GIFs of horror and so on, and that makes Tumblr incredibly unsafe for a good amount of people. S:
When people compare the greatness that is The Simpsons to other animated shows like Family Guy it makes me want to set myself on fire
this or that
ronweasley asked: sik 1.0 or sik 2.0
This is when you realize how many songs this movie has O.O
I think I don’t have an excuse, I just wanted to draw these ‘-‘
Coulson ships FitzSimmons
- “Eat” the damn Play-doh cookies.
- Slurp the invisible soup.
- Pretend that they’re not causing grievous bodily harm as they “brush” your hair.
- Always be serious when asked what you’d like for dinner, and never say something silly like rabbit soup. Because they will go get their stuffed one off the bed, put it in your best pot, and fill said pot with water. Then place it on your desk.
- Greet their make believe friends and ask how their day was.
- Always kiss the teddy bear goodnight. It has feelings too.
- Always pretend to die when they shoot you.
- If you are having a fake war with them and you shoot them and they say they can’t die because they are invincible, you don’t shoot them again, because they are invincible.
- Yes, their drawing does look like a butterfly, not a bunch of jumbled up lines.
- Them pounding on the piano is the best thing you have ever heard.
no but seriously it’s very important to a child’s development to not be shut down by parents and other caregivers
Art history meme | 2/8 artists
↳ Artemisia Gentileschi (1593–1656)
A baroque painter and follower of Caravaggio, Gentileschi is widely held to be the most important and accomplished woman artist before the modern period and one of the great artists of the Italian Baroque.
While the few woman painters of the time were largely restricted to domestic scenes and still lifes, Artemisia began, from a young age, to paint large-scale paintings of historical and religious subjects. Her most appreciated works nowadays display Caravaggesque use of chiaroscuro and high drama.
Some of her most famous paintings reflect her interest in depicting mythic-heroic women. These works have been described as proto-feministic in their depictions of their female subjects and in their subversion of the representations of these women typically found in male contemporaries’ works.
Originally tutored by her father, Orazio Gentileschi, Artemisia was raped as a young woman by a friend of her father’s, who had taken over her tutelage. During a high-profile trial in which Artemisia testified against her rapist, she was subjected to humiliation and torture in order to ‘prove’ her claims. Critics have often tied these events in her own life into Gentileschi’s work as an artist, seeing her images of female vengeance, violence and strength as a cathartic and therapeutic representation of Artemisia’s anger and trauma.